Lowepost

SCRATCH Essential Tutorial Series

Assimilate and Lowepost just released the SCRATCH Essential Tutorial Series with superstar instructor @Kevin P McAuliffe

SCRATCH is extremely powerful and a great addition for DaVinci Resolve colorists who want to add another excellent conform and finishing tool to their toolkit. If you are a premium member on Lowepost.com, you get 20% member discount on SCRATCH.

The SCRATCH trial can be downloaded here

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Please make scratch tutorials on the following topics:

Creating Dailies with Burn-ins

Importing xml from Premiere Pro

Exporting graded clips Back to Premiere pro

• Like 2

Dailies have been covered in Scratch Vimeo videos.

This one is very good detailed

• Like 3

Interesting watch.

They made it clear how carrying the additional metadata across to editorial is so important and mentioned ALE files, so I guess the normal route is to use these ALE files with Avid Media Composer. I'm wondering how they would get this extra metadata across with an editing app like Premiere Pro?

Im wondering the same thing if PPro could handle it in such way and if not then that would be something of a strong point of Avid which is not talked much usually.

28 minutes ago, Margus Voll said:

that would be something of a strong point of Avid which is not talked much usually.

When I'm teaching Avid to my students, I start with a short presentation about how most features and long-form drama is edited on Avid.

The question I'm often asked is why? My answer is that it's not necessarily to do with the editing itself, but the handling of metadata and the media management. The workflows with Avid are long-established and work reliably.

• Like 3