Assimilate today released SCRATCH 9.1 (incl. Play Pro 9.1).
This update contains a whole heap of really great additions for both, finishing and dailies workflows.
Here are the most important ones in a nutshell:
- new Color Remap Tool
- new Color Management
- greatly improved transcoding and playback performance
- improved Apple ProRes RAW decoding
- OpenColorIO support
- Support for Multi-Layer EXR
- Same-as-Source Render
- Avid MXF now include any and every source shot metadata, incl. proper Sound TC
- Frame-based Metadata support for ARRI Raw
- Animation Channel filters (high pass, low pass, smoothen, reduce, level, noise)
Else, if you’re a fan of release notes, knock yourself out below 😉 .
Downloads and trials have also been updated: www.assimilateinc.com
Today we released Play Pro - an improved version of the old SCRATCH Play.
Play Pro now supports SDI-output, pretty stellar h264/h265 encoding, as well as ProRes encoding on Windows.
It's a nice tool to have handy for e.g. dailies review, or simpler transcoding jobs (e.g. for delivery).
Starting at 19 bucks a month, it's pretty affordable as well 🙂 .
This is a breakdown for commercial new quest "Guardians: The Heart of Aramazd" by Terra Epica . This commercial was a great experience of shooting in chroma key and getting a realistic result. One of the major goals is a production in a low budget and very tight deadlines. Ten days of preproduction, one shooting day, a month of postproduction. This was possible using Autodesk Flame in all stages of post production: editing, CG and Vfx, finishing.