Peter

Film Stock LUTS

With filmconvert you can create a 3D lut export.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Dulac said:

This is on their website now...

https://www.filmconvert.com/nitrate

Thats only for Premiere though. Hopefully there's a Resolve version coming. 

BTW I used FC in resolve for a short project and couldn't get real time playback. I can play RED footage in realtime on my system and this project was only Prores 422. Has anyone else had this issue? I like the image FC gives but its unusable unless I can actually play the footage.

if you work in ACES chk out Paul Dore's PFE.. an elegant and flexiable answer

• Like 3

On 4/6/2019 at 5:38 PM, Peter said:

Thats only for Premiere though. Hopefully there's a Resolve version coming. 

BTW I used FC in resolve for a short project and couldn't get real time playback. I can play RED footage in realtime on my system and this project was only Prores 422. Has anyone else had this issue? I like the image FC gives but its unusable unless I can actually play the footage.

Hi Peter, yes an OFX version for Resolve is definitely on our roadmap for 2019.

With a modern system and graphics card, you shouldn't be experiencing slowness issues with FilmConvert. If you send us an email to support@filmconvert.com with your computer's specs (including GPU and driver details, OS etc) we'll try to fix the issue.

Hi John

I have already done that and FC said its Resolves fault. Resolve said its FC fault. :(

I have a decent machine. Up until a week or 2 ago, it was the fastest iMac you could get (not the iMac Pro) with 40GB Ram and 8GB Video Card.

On 4/7/2019 at 11:07 AM, dermot.shane said:

if you work in ACES chk out Paul Dore's PFE.. an elegant and flexiable answer

That's how I discovered DCTL's crash Resolve in Linux. A long standing bug that hasn't been fixed. Can't win some days 🙄

Hi all, FilmConvert Nitrate beta is out now for Adobe Premiere Pro - go to www.filmconvert.com/nitrate and sign up to get the beta download links.

Nitrate will be coming to FCPX and Resolve by the end of the year.

Hi all, FilmConvert Nitrate is out now for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects - you can download a free, fully-functional trial version of the plugin from www.filmconvert.com/download

Nitrate includes

• Cineon Log film emulations of all our film stocks, matched to your camera picture style
  • Full Log workflow - all color adjustments using the plugin are now calculated in Log, providing more natural, intuitive results when grading Log footage
  • Advanced grain controls - adjust film grain in the midtones, shadows and highlights with our film grain response curve
  • Metal GPU acceleration
  • and more...!

Nitrate for FCPX and DaVinci Resolve are on track for release later this year. Sign up at www.filmconvert.com/nitrate for updates and access to the beta versions when they are available

Many thanks, John. As a customer of FilmConvert—which has been wonderful—I've been hoping for something to compete with the Koji LUTs, which are my gold standard but are rather limited. Hope you get a wealth of helpful customer response to create the best product possible!

• Like 1