Paint Fixing in DaVinci Resolve Fusion
Paint Fixing is the invisible art of removing unwanted objects and improving shots. Digital paint tools can be used to remove actors and logos from a shot, remove artifacts and to replace elements. Paint fixing has become an essential skill to master and DaVinci Resolve has all the tools you need to get the job done.
The course content ranges from beginner to advanced, and is taught by Visual Effects Guru Lee Lanier who has written several books on the topic.
Both the Color and Fusion module is used to demonstrate the techniques in this course.
The footage and assets used in this course are available for download so that you can easily follow along.
About the instructor
Lee Lanier has created visual effects on numerous features films for Walt Disney Studios and PDI/DreamWorks. Lee is a world-renowned expert in the video effects field, and has written several popular high-end software books, and taught at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood.
Who is this course designed for?
- Visual Effects Artists
- 01: Paint fix overview
- 02: Using the Patch Replacer
- 03: Paint fixing with a mask in Resolve
- 04: Keyframing masks in Resolve
- 05: Paint fixing with a mask in Fusion
- 06: Paint cloning in Fusion
- 07: Animating strokes in Fusion
- 08: Removing dust in Resolve and Fusion
- 09: Fixing with the Planar Tracker in Fusion
- 10: Tracking a matte painting
- 11: Restoring the background