Nicolas Hanson

Node based generator access

I don't think it is possible to access generators with nodes, but there are several ways to accomplish what you want to do.

You can add a gradient from the windows menu and drag it into the frame horizontally.

You can add a square mask, offset it and feather it.

You can add a grey scale in the edit room, right clip and make it a compound clip so that you can access it in the color room. Add colors into the luma ranges you want, save a still and copy the grade into your image. 

Edited by Emily Haine
  • Thanks 1
On 1/22/2018 at 4:02 AM, Nicolas Hanson said:

Can I access generators such as the grey scale from the nodes? What I want to accomplish is the split the image in two and have my corrections affect the different luma levels based on a grey scale.

You could use DCTL for this.

Here is an example of a DCTL that splits an image in 4 parts for showing the original and the three individual channels in LAB and RGB colorspace (set the variable 1 for LAB and 0 for RGB):

https://github.com/CaryKnoop/DCTL/blob/master/C_Channel_Viewer.dctl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is DCTL code to make a gray scale ramp:

__DEVICE__ float3 transform(int p_Width, int p_Height, int p_X, int p_Y, float p_R, float p_G, float p_B)
{
    return make_float3(
        (float) (p_X + 1) / p_Width,
        (float) (p_X + 1) / p_Width,
        (float) (p_X + 1) / p_Width);
}

• Thanks 1

If you save the code in a file with an extension .dctl (make sure there are no spaces in the file name) and then place the file in the folder DCTL (you can find this folder under the LUT folder) and start Resolve it should come up in the DCTL menu.

Edited by Cary Knoop
  • Thanks 1