Margus Voll

Rep for colorist on remote and on site jobs.

I've never heard of that because the business model are mainly based around post production studios. If you qualify for working with the big creative names on your own, you have most likely a long credit list and don't need representation.

If one of the most known names decided to go solo, they would need an assistant to manage their requests, rather than representation. Creatives know how to track down talents.

Edited by Abby Bader
  • Like 1

A huge base of talented colorists everywhere, no doubt about that. I think it's all about getting the work out there, featured on the ad sites and seen by the creatives. Being tied to a studio often helps in this regard.

I know several less known colorists that in my opinion delivers world class work, just like the colorists featured on this site. But, growing their client base is not easy because the advertising- and production companies takes the best ideas to the big studios and those products get the heavy publicity and high-pressure marketing.

• Like 1

Yes this is very true. 

What i have felt is that with great material it is not that hard to come up with good imagery
but that by itself only does not generate new work if you do not show it in correct places.

Also feature work is more direct connection thing. I have done around 10 features
3 of those out of country in a way. It is not that easy to get connected.