Margus Voll

Skin separation in color and deblobing.

I'm thinking now hypothetically here and wondering how one would approach on Baselight.

I have a feature (doing it on another app still) but the problem seems very universal.
Some times actors face is not very consistent in color,  different patches and blobs and what not with light colored translucent skin that needs  fixing.

My question is if that is doable with very little steps like without masking and keying a lot?

In some simpler apps there is possibility to take some color vectors and "compress" them together to get such effect without key and mask.

Why i'm after it is purely for speed, say you have 2000 - 3000 shots and keying and masking all of them does not seem very practical.
(we don't have assistants here for that eithere)

I think 3D LUT creator as an OFX plugin would work well at this sort of thing.

I've had a play with this in the past and I could compress colour vectors together and manipulate them as a set.

How would you go that in Resolve? Hue Vs hue with a garbage mask? You can do the same thing in Baselight. Even combine it with vector brightness for deeper colors. 

A common technique is moving red and yellow hue against each other in HueShift. Moving red towards yellow a bit, and vice versa. It is not limited to a precise range, but it is quite robust. 

• Like 3