Anton Meleshkevich

Color Space Transform OFX 14 vs 15

Color Space Transform OFX works differently in Resolve 14 and Resolve 15. Is it normal?
Load some alexa footage with colorchecker. Add Color Space Transform OFX. Set input to alexa and output to rec709. Set luminance mapping and saturation mapping.
Everything is ok. But looks a little bit different in resolve 14 vs resolve 15.
In Resolve 15 add serial node before the OFX. Add gain until blue square in colorchecker become clipped and saturated blue.
Do the same in Resolve 14. blue square becomes just lighter (as arri lut does), but not crazy saturated blue as in Resolve 15.
Is it a bug of Resolve 15?

Perhaps the tone mapping algorithms have been updated?

Just my opinion but I would only use tone (i.e. gamma) mapping for limiting HDR max nit output.  For anything else, I would use the controls with the exception of some gamut mapping if I need to compress the gamut.

On 8/16/2018 at 1:07 AM, Anton Meleshkevich said:

Color Space Transform OFX works differently in Resolve 14 and Resolve 15. Is it normal?
Load some alexa footage with colorchecker. Add Color Space Transform OFX. Set input to alexa and output to rec709. Set luminance mapping and saturation mapping.
Everything is ok. But looks a little bit different in resolve 14 vs resolve 15.
In Resolve 15 add serial node before the OFX. Add gain until blue square in colorchecker become clipped and saturated blue.
Do the same in Resolve 14. blue square becomes just lighter (as arri lut does), but not crazy saturated blue as in Resolve 15.
Is it a bug of Resolve 15?

I really don't think you should be worried about that my guy. As long as it looks good move on with your happy grading.     I doubt you h'd be delivering a 14 and 15 export for your client. :)