We continue our DaVinci Resolve training with a new high-end course in Color Management Workflow. This is an intermediate course for colorists and visual effects artists taught by our instructor Lee Lanier.
In this training series you will learn to work with both display-referred and scene-referred management including ACES, matching camera profiles with color space transforms and DCTLs, how to set up your projects for multiple color space outputs, everything about RED IPP2 and RAW workflow, how to use the Gamut tool, LUTs, CSTs and OpenColorIO in Fusion, and much more.
The DaVinci Resolve project files and footage are available for download so that you can easily follow along.
About the instructor
Lee Lanier has created visual effects on numerous features films for Walt Disney Studios and PDI/DreamWorks. Lee is a world-renowned expert in the video effects field, and has written several popular high-end software books, and taught at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood.
Who is this course designed for?
- Visual effects artists
- Lesson 01: Color spaces, color models, and bit-depths
- Lesson 02: Display-referred vs. Scene-referred management
- Lesson 03: Display-referred workflow - Using LUTs
- Lesson 04: Display-referred workflow - Matching cameras with DCTLs
- Lesson 05: Display-referred workflow - Matching cameras with Color Space transforms
- Lesson 06: Display-referred workflow in Fusion
- Lesson 07: Resolve color management (RCM) workflow
- Lesson 08: ACES color management set-up
- Lesson 09: RCM and ACES inside Fusion
- Lesson 10 Adding Color Space Transforms in Fusion
- Lesson 11: Adding LUTs, DTCLs, and using OpenColorIO
A free version of DaVinci Resolve or DaVinci Resolve studio
Become a premium member and get instant access to all the courses and content on Lowepost.