Nicolas Hanson

HSL/Greyscale/Saturation

In Photoshop you can go to HSL/GREYSCALE/SATURATION and decrease or increase the individual color channels such as red, orange, yellow, green, aquas etc. Does DaVinci Resolve have any tools that gives us this precise control over the individual colors?

It has better, it has Hue/Sat/Luma curves. I wish Photoshop had what Resolve has in that regard.

Also Resolve is floating point based whereas Photoshop is integer based with limited 32 bit functionality. 

Edited by cameronrad
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

Thank you, I think that the calculations are more accurate in photoshop, or at least it targets a specific rangea that is not easy to recreate with curves. Moving the orange slider is not exactly the same as raising it in the lum vs. sat curve tool when it comes to accuracy.

Edited by Nicolas Hanson

Alternatively, you can create a custom qualifier and then apply whatever changes you like.  It should give you the accuracy you're chasing.

Edit: actually I think I misunderstood your question.  the above will only work if you want to apply an adjustment to only a part of the image.

Edited by Kye Leslie
clarification