Jason Bowdach

PixelTools hueShift - Subtractive Color + Hue Shifting + Density DCTL

Hey Lowepost,

If you work with DaVinci Resolve, you're familiar with the multitude of ways to adjust saturation. We have primary saturation control, hue vs. curves, and, of course, the color warper, just to name a few.

I have a confession to make - I have a bit of an obsession with deep, dense, highly saturated colors, and I've never been completely satisfied with the primary saturation controls. They work "additively," causing an increase in luma/brightness alongside saturation.

During my journey, I discovered various methods to achieve deeper and denser colors, such as working "subtractively" in cylindrical color space models. However, these methods often came with limitations, requiring complex node trees or intricate structures. I yearned for a better solution, one that allowed me to stay in my creative headspace.

That's why we've developed a custom DCTL that simplifies the adjustment of hue, saturation, and density for 7 major vectors (red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, yellow, and skin). It's as easy as adjusting lift, gamma, and gain!

If you're interested, you can learn more about it here. Plus, we're offering an automatic 25% discount for the first 50 orders during the preorder. 

The DCTL will be available on the PixelTools store on June 25th, 2023, at 11:30 pm PST. However, you have the opportunity to preorder today with a 25% discount for the first 50 orders.

Thanks and keep up the awesome work!

CleanShot 2023-06-15 at 12.19.59@2x.png