Fernando Matallo

Course in Europe

If you're considering online courses, I'd recommend FXPHD. For $79 a month, you can access all their courses and get access to VPN versions of some of the best software out there. They are fairly VFX biased, but they do have production courses that deal with things like lighting and camera techniques, as well as their 'background fundamentals' series. They also have a couple of courses specifically on colour grading.

• Like 4
On 10/21/2016 at 8:13 PM, Nicolas Hanson said:

Hi Fernando,

I guess you have checked http://icolorist.com/courses/?

How experienced are you? You could sign up on some of the online courses to get some basic insight, but I would recommend that you hunt a junior position in one of the studios it you are passed that part.

Nicolas

Hello Tom Evans, thank you for your feedback.

I'm going to check this course.

Actually, i don't have a lot of experience i've made some jobs but i'm new on this field and i emailed my showreel around 500 post production companies in europe and north american looking for a internship opportunity but i did't get it.

I make sure that if i do a course i ll enhance my skills and maybe get a chance to work in a post production company.

• Like 2

You could enter the color industry a lot of different ways. I think you could manage to learn the basics by working yourself through all the theory online, practice the fundamentals and put everything color related high on your priority list. I started working as an editor, moving on to online and color work on documentaries and TV shows. That was actually great because it was no look development involved, simply balancing and matching thousands of shots and setting the levels where they should be.

10 hours ago, Nicolas Hanson said:

You could enter the color industry a lot of different ways. I think you could manage to learn the basics by working yourself through all the theory online, practice the fundamentals and put everything color related high on your priority list. I started working as an editor, moving on to online and color work on documentaries and TV shows. That was actually great because it was no look development involved, simply balancing and matching thousands of shots and setting the levels where they should be.

Hi Nicolas, thank you for your answer.

I'm looking for a filmmaker course as well in Europe and i found 1 course in Malta call handsonmalta but i did not find any review about it. I'm considering this idea but i'm trying to find a school and place that provides me more skills and opportunity for a internship.

• Like 1
On 10/22/2016 at 7:40 AM, Bruno Mansi said:

If you're considering online courses, I'd recommend FXPHD. For $79 a month, you can access all their courses and get access to VPN versions of some of the best software out there. They are fairly VFX biased, but they do have production courses that deal with things like lighting and camera techniques, as well as their 'background fundamentals' series. They also have a couple of courses specifically on colour grading.

Thank you so much for your information.