Stu Gray

Help with Clone Paint Tracking

Hi There, I'm fairly new to Fusion and I'm having a headache trying to figure out how to solve an issue with some footage I'm working on. I can't seem to find any tutorials that help. If anyone has any suggestions asap that would be amazing as I have a deadline. I have a number of shots of windows where I have dirt on the windows showing and I also have a dolly move on the camera. I'm trying to figure out how to get a group of multiple clone stamps tracking to the pane of the glass window. The problem I seem to have is using the modify with tracker position I can only use a point tracker which when I reposition the tracker (for a good tracking point) also moves the clone group. Is there no way of using the planner tracker to connect to the group of clones. I hope this makes sense, im desperate for help!!

I've attached a sample frame for example the shot tracks forward.

Cheers

Stu

Glass_Dirt_Shot3_1.5.1.jpg

Here's one idea... If you use a Stroke brush with multiple Clone strokes on a single Paint node, you can connect a Planar Transform to the Paint node. To avoid the entire frame from appearing after planar distortion, you would mask the Planar Transform node so that only the masked, cleaned-up areas appear over the original footage. Something like this... 

Screen Shot 10-23-19 at 05.49 PM.PNG

Thanks very much guys much appreciated!!

This technique worked great for the planner tracker. I now have another issue however, where I can't use the planner tracker and I'm having to use the standard point tracker, however when I create a blur node and use a mask, I'm trying to use the track data from the tracker using the connect to function, however whenever I do this the mask always moves position - this doesn't seem right as all I want to do is reference the track data to move the mask, am I doing something wrong here??

Cheers

Stu

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stu Gray said:

This technique worked great for the planner tracker. I now have another issue however, where I can't use the planner tracker and I'm having to use the standard point tracker, however when I create a blur node and use a mask, I'm trying to use the track data from the tracker using the connect to function, however whenever I do this the mask always moves position - this doesn't seem right as all I want to do is reference the track data to move the mask, am I doing something wrong here??

I've had issues applying tracking data directly to mask nodes in the past. Try connecting a Transform node to the mask and apply the tracking data to the Transform node. It might help to avoid strangeness.

10 hours ago, Lee Lanier said:

I've had issues applying tracking data directly to mask nodes in the past. Try connecting a Transform node to the mask and apply the tracking data to the Transform node. It might help to avoid strangeness.

That worked a treat! thanks so much for your help Lee, really appreciate it!!

Cheers

Stu

• Like 1