Anton Meleshkevich

Kodak Vision 2383 Greenery Reproduction

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Yergazy said:

@Anton Meleshkevich Здравствуй Бро! Можешь объяснить как решили проблему? И что означает AWG?

Hi! AWG is ALEXA Wide Gamut.

I either work using the LUT or just use HSL curves to emulate 2383 colors. Especially when I create LUTs for another colorists who's pipeline is often based on ACES in Baselight.
To change brightness of high saturated colors I use this technique (video related)
It works differently compared to 2383 LUT. But if it looks good who cares.

Last time I created LUTs for TV series I've used RGB mixer to emulate 2383 colors.
I understand that I don't get nonlinear color shifts this LUT have, but simple RGB matrix work way better in terms of noise and artifacts.
I'm a big fan of RGB mixer (or matrix) as a tool for creating looks.

And I actually just replicate this greenery shift in portions I need. I don't fight with it.

Edited by Anton Meleshkevich
  • Like 1
On 6/24/2018 at 5:07 AM, cameronrad said:

Quick video of Printing Density ICC method I was experimenting with. Using the Resolve Rec.709 Kodak 2383 D65 LUT and Adobe's Kodak 5205 Printing Density ICC. 

http://cloud.cameronrad.com/sVQ6

The video link doesn't seem to be working anymore. Could anyone please tell me how he used the ICC profile?