Margus Voll

From i7 burn to i9 on win 10

Hi.

I just upgraded my w10 workstation from i7 to i9 due mobo and win now working well after bios update with something called Intel Asus Hyperthreading issue.

So i had some jobs coming in and i went and ordered new board and cpu quicly. Parts were cheaper compared to original board and cpu one year ago. After a week i got all parts and started installing. For my disappointment system was not stable in some apps (all Adobe related killed it instantly to blue screen) and stuttered after boot some times. Main suspects were dual GPU that Adobe does not like, OC, and some software or drivers.

Yesterday i figured after another reboot that stutter after boot when moving mouse is nothing to do with Adobe so i started monitoring more closely and what do you know, loose parameters on OC killed it instantly when cpu spiked at 5 ghz. After taming it down to 4.6 ghz it seems stable in all apps and just works. I have some cheap water cooling unit installed so i do not worry about temperatures much and Ram is air cooled with the fan setup i got with the sticks originally.

I'm yet to see if it will help any with 8k RED but overall now system seems more fluid with dual M.2 ssd's one for os (250 gig) and one for media and cache (2 TB). I have one 1 tb regular sata ssd also for any cases bur foe now it seems like backup.

If anyone cares in more detail then i can give some details.