Difference between disabling all nodes and bypassing all grades

Hi, unsure if this is used for a technique of sorts. Alt+D in Resolve enables/disables all nodes, Shift+D turns bypass all grades on/off. Does this function do the exact same? I am wondering because why wouldn't bypass on/off grades work in conjunction with Alt+D instead of a separate shortcut (Shit+D).

The only way to temporarily bypass a grade in Resolve some years ago was to disable all nodes alt+D. But a proper bypass shortcut, shift+D, that doesn't touch your node tree was introduced a while back, can't remember exactly when, but guessing Resolve 10. Shift+D is the one I use, since I use a predefined node tree setup (which still varies from shot to shot) where not all node are enabled. 

• Like 3
On 4/29/2017 at 6:59 PM, Dylan R. Hopkin said:

The only way to temporarily bypass a grade in Resolve some years ago was to disable all nodes alt+D. But a proper bypass shortcut, shift+D, that doesn't touch your node tree was introduced a while back, can't remember exactly when, but guessing Resolve 10. Shift+D is the one I use, since I use a predefined node tree setup (which still varies from shot to shot) where not all node are enabled. 

Thanks for the info Dylan, I just had a play also with compound nodes and I think the reason they have introduced this is because of the compound node if you go "Show Compound Node" and press alt+D it will disable only the nodes within the compound node but shift+D would disable every node including the compound node. :)

Edited by Guest
On 4/26/2017 at 6:08 PM, Guest said:

Hi, unsure if this is used for a technique of sorts. Alt+D in Resolve enables/disables all nodes, Shift+D turns bypass all grades on/off. Does this function do the exact same?

Disabling Nodes will reset cached nodes - NR for example - so you will have to render those nodes to cache again. "Bypasing grades" will not mess with Your  cache.

• Like 3