Daniel Rheaume

Suggestion for Masterclass - Show LUT/Look Development

Hello!

I work as a commercial DP in a small creative agency. Because of our size (and my love for the coloring process!) I have become our "colorist". 
These masterclasses on Lowepost have been one of the best things I've ever seen to help me improve and learn new techniques. 

That being said, I'm  finding a huge information gap, which leads me to this suggestion for a new Masterclass!
Most of the current classes show the colorist working on their shots in the clip node tree. But reading between the lines, they seem to often grade through a show LUT or Look placed in the timeline node tree, for instance. I would love to see what goes into one of those show looks/luts - ie, how are they made? If the colorists are doing a lot of work in the clip node tree, what elements of the look go into that show lut or look timeline node tree?

A film emulation seems to be one common thing, but are there other things that belong in that group, or perhaps things that definitely should not go into there?

A new masterclass to address this colorist show LUT/Look "black box" would be incredible!

Also, if anyone happens to have ever seen a good interview or tutorial on this very subject, please respond! I am very keen to learn this!!

Thanks for your consideration!

-Daniel

• Like 3