Shawn Convey

BRAW - Workflow - Saving Subclip with metadata advice

Hey there, I am relatively new at all of this so sorry for requesting what may be "basic knowledge help" 🙂

Set Up
- BlackMagic Pocket 6k & 4k camera's filming 3:1 / 5:1 BRAW in 6k/4k 24fps. EDITING - DR 16 Studio
- LONG periods of filming in an attempt to capture "magic" moments in nature (ie film "trap" scenarios waiting for the animals to enter frame etc...)

Goals
- As much of this footage will be totally unusable I want the ability to review footage daily and "sub-clip" out the usable footage and resave it as BRAW to preserve full flexibility for post when I start to edit.
- Looking for advice on a workflow that will allow me to not break metadata from the camera, add new metadata to the "Sub-Clips" and overall make for as seamless of a workflow process as possible moving forward.
- Any "hand-holding" on your advice would be appreciated as like i said I am relatively new to this. I am a director / cameraperson who is attempting to also be my projects "assistant editor" and I am looking to set up my "future-projects editor" for success and learn a lot myself in the process.

Any pointers and advice will be very welcome (BTW, I have done a few days of "research" on this however I keep getting either very conflicting views or things I am not fully understanding which is why I am coming here) Thanks!

Edited by Shawn Convey