Advanced Multiplaning in Davinci Resolve Fusion
The course is about the art and craft of Multiplaning. Multiplaning lets you to take a 2D image or video, cut it apart and arrange it in 3D space. This creates a sense of parallex, perspective change and life when combining it with a 3D camera that moves through the scene. Multiplane is sometimes called 2.5D because you have 2D card arranged in 3D space.
The footage used in this course is available for download.
About the instructor
Lee Lanier has created visual effects on numerous features films for Walt Disney Studios and PDI/DreamWorks. Lee is a world-renowned expert in the video effects field, and has written several popular high-end software books, and taught at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood.
Who is this course designed for?
- DaVinci Resolve users
- Finishing artists
- 01: Introduction
- 02: Setting up a project
- 03: Creating basic 3D scene
- 04: Splitting images with masks
- 05: Creating 3D cards
- 06: Arranging 3D cards
- 07: Adjusting the cards
- 08: Paint fixing the cards
- 09: Paint fixing in Photoshop
- 10: Delivery
- 11: Building a second 3D scene
- 12: Painting a mask
- 13: Adding a nonplanar card
- 14: More paint fixing in Photoshop
- 15: Adjusting the final card
- 16: Updating the camera animation
- 17: Merging the 3D renders
- 18: Adding a new phone screen
- 19: Final adjustments
- 20: Depth of field and final render
Become a premium member and get instant access to all the courses and content on Lowepost.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.