Introduction to Visual Effects in After Effects
Adobe After Effects is the industry standard for visual effects and used by millions of users all over the world. This course will teach you how to create subtle realistic effects that are needed on every production, and no prior knowledge of After Effects is required.
With 37 easy-to-follow video lessons by master trainer Lee Lanier, you will learn about everything you need to get started with a career as a visual effects artist.
The footage and projects files are available for download so that you can easily follow along.
About the instructor
Lee Lanier has created visual effects on numerous features films for Walt Disney Studios and PDI/DreamWorks. Lee is a world-renowned expert in the video effects field, and has written several popular high-end software books, and taught at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood.
Who is this course designed for?
- After Effects beginners
- Finishing artists
- 01: Basics - Introduction
- 02: Basics - Importing footage
- 03: Basics - Creating comps
- 04: Basics - Composition options
- 05: Basics - Adding layers
- 06: Basics - Masking
- 07: Basics - Nesting and precomping
- 08: Basics - Transforming and keyframing
- 09: Basics - Playing and rendering
- 10: VFX1 - Chroma keying
- 11: VFX1 - Adjusting the key
- 12: VFX1 - Painting a mask
- 13: VFX1 - Adding a second key
- 14: VFX1 - Intergrating new backgrounds
- 15: VFX1 - Creating a glow
- 16: VFX2 - Creating a luma keying
- 17: VFX2 - Transform motion tracking
- 18: VFX2 - Painting a matte painting
- 19: VFX2 - Adding the matte painting
- 20: VFX2 - Color grading elements
- 21: VFX2 - Face Tracking
- 22: VFX2 - Mask tracking
- 23: VFX2 - Improving luma masks
- 24: VFX3 - Rotational transform tracking
- 25: VFX3 - Intergrating a new element
- 26: VFX3 - Time warping
- 27: VFX4 - Corner pin tracking
- 28: VFX4 - Offsetting with a precomp
- 29: VFX4 - Planar tracking with mocha
- 30: VFX4 - Matching ungraded footage
- 31: VFX5 - 3D Camera tracking
- 32: VFX5 - Adjusting tracked 3D layers
- 33: VFX6 - Stabilizing
- 34: VFX6 - Pixel warping
- 35: VFX6 - Stylistic grading
- 36: VFX6 - Creating a shadow
- 37: VFX7 - Object removal
Become a premium member and get instant access to all the courses and content on Lowepost.