Bruno Mansi

Reviving your old or expired licence

Those of us who use, or have some interaction with Avid software will probably have heard the recent announcement that with version 8.8, Phrasefind and Scriptsync have made a welcome return.

What was less well publicised was the fact that you can now get your expired Avid software licence (or dongle) back to an active subscription. It was always the case that once your subscription had expired, you couldn't have access to any future updates on that licence. It seems that Avid have now had a change of heart, and will allow you to reactivate your licence for $399 for the first year, which is $100 more than the usual cost of a yearly subscription.

• Like 1

I thought it was a strange decision when they first made the choice to not allow reactivation of old licenses. That probably led to many users turning to the competitors. Good to know it's now possible as I have a bunch of the old purple dongles stored in a dusty box in my office.