Nicolas Hanson

Stabilize tips?

I'm trying the new stabilizer in Davinci Resolve 15, and it seems like it's stripped for manual controls? By simply pressing the analyze button, waiting for it to automatically provide a solution feels like pressing the auto-color button. Any tips on how to achieve better or customized results with it?

Yes, I noticed this. There's cropping ratio and smoothing settings (as well as camera lock and zoom options) but there seems no way to set a tracking point. You can always go back to using the classic tracker, as it's now an option in the drop-down menu.

• Like 1

I don't understand what they are thinking... One core feature in stabilizing is to be able to manually add and remove tracking points. That option is like Bruno says only available in the classic stabilizer. It can be a slow process but it's worth the effort most times.

Personally, I tend to go to After Effects' warp stabilizer as it often gives more pleasing results.