Tom Evans

Effect that affects several clips

4 hours ago, Abby Bader said:

Go to the edit tab, mark the clips, right click and choose "new compound clip". Now the clips will "group" into one clip and any effect you add on it will affect the nested clips. You can decompose any time.

Although I haven't tried this, I'm guessing with Resolve 15 you can now choose to work on this compound clip in the Fusion tab.

Select the clips on the colour page and press (alt + \) to patch the clips without making a compound clip. If you need to slice up the clip later, put the cursor right on the frame you need to slice from, and press (cmd + \)

Edited by Adéyẹmi
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Adéyẹmi said:

Select the clips on the colour page and press (alt + \) to patch the clips without making a compound clip. If you need to slice up the clip later, put the cursor right on the frame you need to slice from, and press (cmd + \)

Using Cmd or Ctrl \ and Option or Alt \ are just for splitting or joining a clip. If you try to take 2 or more clips that are not from the same master clip or not adjacent on the same source you'll get an error.

Compound clip or new Fusion clip is the way to go.

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Bruno Mansi said:

Using Cmd or Ctrl \ and Option or Alt \ are just for splitting or joining a clip. If you try to take 2 or more clips that are not from the same master clip or not adjacent on the same source you'll get an error.

Compound clip or new Fusion clip is the way to go.

Makes sense. Thanks. Do you have working experience on an  EIZO CG248-4K (23.8") monitor? 

I am trying to find out if its worth purchasing.

Edited by Adéyẹmi
1 hour ago, Adéyẹmi said:

Do you have working experience on an  EIZO CG248-4K (23.8") monitor?

I'm afraid not.

I'd head over to the LiftGammaGain forums. They seem to discuss Eizo monitors quite a lot in the Monitors & Projection section.