Emily Haine

Apply grade from still problem

Something strange just happened on one of the clips on my timeline. It sounds wierd, but when I try to apply a grade from a still it doesn't appy the correct colors, it's like some of my nodes are disabled. The still is from a grade on that exact image so I know how it should look like, and I get that confirmed when I wipe the still onto the clip. Nothing has changed on the original clip, and this is not happening on any of the other clips in the sequence.

Any idea what is going on here?

In recent updates of Resolve 14, the Still Gallery has been suffering from different type of bugs. Below is probably a related one to your issue and the solution from a post I did at BMD User forum a while ago:

"It seems that the only workaround to the Still Gallery turning into black thumbnails and get lost forever is to go back to each grade and save them inside Power Grades instead of Stills or inside Still Albums.
A least it’s working here after saving the project, closing DR 14.1.007/MacOS 10.13 Sierra.

Somehow DR is losing the link to the Still Gallery folders after saving and quitting the application. It doesn’t matter how many times the stills get saved, next time we open the Resolve the stills get lost forever.
This is an issue that has been reported here numerous times since early DR 14 beta. There is also a similar thread back to DR version 12.5"