Daniel Rheaume

Test Charts for Classic Kodak / Fuji Film Stocks?

Hello! 

I've just spent the last hour or so in a Google deep dive trying to get an answer to this question, and I'm stumped!

In a nutshell, I want to familiarize myself with the way different popular motion picture film stocks (like 250D, or 500T, etc...) look and render colors

I thought would be easy enough to find some example images of a test chart or color checker shot on  a given film stock....to no success!
I've been scraping around on youtube, searching google images, and scouring the Kodak website. There are plenty of images shot on a stock, but virtually
nothing that was done in a repeatable or analytical manner.

I realize there are a lot of variables with celluloid, so I'm not looking for anything super precise, but I was hoping to find something that at least gave me some broad strokes to work
with in understanding which direction a stock likes to take colors, or how the contrast/DR looks on a grayscale step ramp. 
And while I could just go watch clips shot on a specific stock, that doesn't give me much idea what was done in the grade or was inherent to the stock. 

Is anyone around here aware of a place to find these kind of resources?
Does Kodak not have any test chart images available?

Hopeful that someone out there has found something!

Thanks!

There are quite a few labs around now which process ecn-2 under aim tolerances for still photography. It's fairly inexpensive, your best bet would be to run these tests first hand with a pipeline you like.

The density metric used by the scanner will have an impact on the final representation of colors, the only modern densitometric calibration standard I know of is APD, however a lot of scanner manufactures employ their own printing density metric to some cineon log like encoding, so unless the scanner is calibrated to a known standard, the output can vary quite significantly from lab to lab.

But on the other hand, the gamma of the scanned negative can be quite consistent regardless of the density metric employed. Some labs may also supply a print emulation 3D LUT, which can be quite a different representation as well. So best to just pick a process you like and use that for reference.