Emil Öberg

Copying HSL Qualifier settings only from one node to another.

So I have a node with a power window and a HSL Qualifier in it on one clip, and on another clip I have a node with a power window only in it. Is there a way to copy only the HSL qualifier settings/informations and paste it to the other node without affecting the power windows? Would be f'in sweet if one could simply copy the qualifier tab only and paste it to another nodes qualifier tab.

Thanks in advance.

Yes there is.

1. Save a still from the grade you wish to copy the HLSkey from.

2. Go to the clip and node you wish to paste the key to

3. Right click the saved still, open nodegraph, find the node-tab and uncheck everything except the HSL-qualifier, drag and drop the node you wish to copy from, on top of the node you wish to apply the qualifier to.

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/resolves-new-node-graph-feature/

Edited by Dylan R. Hopkin
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply Dylan, this was what I was looking for! However it doesn't quite do the trick. 

When I drop the node with only the qualifier selected onto the new node it resets the power window and clears the tracking data of that node. It seems like I can't get only the qualifier from a node to another without reseting the power window and clearing the tracking data of the node I'm copying it to. Hm

Thank you for the reply Willian. I tried what you said, I copied the node with the HSL qualifier onto my other node with a power window and then reset the power window tab, but this just resets the power window completely. Am I missing something?

Now when I tried copying just the qualifier from a node in another project it worked without deleting the power window in the destination node, but it still deletes the tracking data. Works to copy the track data before pasting the qualifier and then paste the track data back in but it would be nice if it could be done in a simpler way.

9 hours ago, Emil Öberg said:

Thank you for the reply Willian. I tried what you said, I copied the node with the HSL qualifier onto my other node with a power window and then reset the power window tab, but this just resets the power window completely. Am I missing something?

Hi Emil, it was my understanding that you wanted to preserve the Qualifier and the Power Window data. If this is still the case, please don't reset the PW. Reset just what will be an overlap in the destination node relative to the source node. In the worse case, your alternative method of copying and pasting the track data would be the right workaround.

Hey Willian and thanks for taking your time. What I meant was I want to preserve the power window and tracking data of the destination node, while adding the qualifier from the first node to it :) 

Works fine with the power window preserved but the tracking data is lost for some reason. Maybe this is something that will be fixed in the future.