Sergey Macarescu

New to grading reel.

Hi, I just started grading a few months ago. I was a TV engineer for more then ten years and an amateur photographer. I decided to try something new. Had several commercial projects and decided to make a reel. Most of the material is Alexa XT or mini, some are DSLR footage shot by me. I'd love to know what you think or maybe some tips or critiques. 

I think it is better to have a very limited number of before and after views provided the before view shows the result after the technical delog. What is really important for a before and after view is what you do with the image after you have done a delog.

16 hours ago, Cary Knoop said:

I think it is better to have a very limited number of before and after views provided the before view shows the result after the technical delog.

You got a point. I initially thought to apply a rec709 lut for the "before" footage. But in some cases it seems unfair to the alexa, as the rec footage is clipped in some high dynamic range scenes. It's best seen on the horses. Here's the reel with the rec709 lut applied to the alexa.