Thomas Singh

Dynamics between clips, Davinci Resolve

I have a dynamic key frame that is lifing the brightness to a certain level on my first clip, and want to continue from that same brightness level on the next clip. How would you go about this? The lighting setups on both the clips are the same, so I was hoping I could do something like "copying" the last keyframe on clip one and insert it on the first frame on the second clip. 

Copying a grade from one clip with keyframes / dynamics to another clip is not possible with the default setup in Davinci Resolve today. You can try the following:

1. Copy grade to a still
  2. Right click in the gallery are, and choose apply grade using / keyframe aligning source startcode or keyframe aligning start frame. 
  3. Paste the grade from the still to your new clip

Even with this method you will probably see that the keyframes are displaced or that dynamics turn into static keyframes. Black Magic Design know about this issue as it has been addressed several times the last years, but it seems like they can't fix it for some reason. 

• Thanks 1

Add the brightness change to a separate node on clip 1.

Copy this node to the second clip.

Keyframe the opacity of the «brightness-node» to taste on both clips. This way you have the brightness adjustment a separate building block. Which is the same.

I tend to solve some dynamics this way instead of animating the color correction itself. This is very handy for fixing unwanted exposure variations too.

• Thanks 1