Amada Daro

Mp4 h.264 export from DaVinci Resolve

The quality of the mp4 h264 rendering in DaVinci Resolve is not good in my opinion. Any setting that can improve the render? I'm used to Adobe Media Encoder that output video in very high quality with the option of setting as high bitrate as I want. 

I know that DaVinci Resolve is built for high quality render of other formats but sometimes it would be great to output mp4 h.264 for clients, directors and others for previews etc. 

You can set the bit rate in Resolve as well.

I think AME and Resolve are of comparable quality, that is both are not super great. 

One problem I notice is that Resolve does not dither (very well) from 10 to 8 bit.  If you have 10 bit or above sources it may be better to encode using ffmpeg.

Edited by Cary Knoop
  • Thanks 1

Still not (re)solved. h264 from davinci is really bad, even sound. Sound with 192 kb/s sounds like 64 kb/s. MP4 h264 with the same video and audio bitrate is much better from other software.

iDealshare VideoGo can convert DaVinci Resolve exported files to MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, ProRes etc.

It also can convert AVCHD, MTS, MXF, AVCHD, MP4, RMVB, H.265, FLV, MKV etc to DaVinci Resolve more supported video format.