Thomas Singh

Color grading tutorials/training

I want to hear with you all what color grading tutorials / color training online you have found most valuable. My impression is that most of the totorials available online is made by a little group of color enthusiasts that all know each other, teach the same things, arrange color meetings and contests but have limited imdb credits. I hope to find something from the guys that are represented on this site and other highly acknowledge colorists. What is your favorite online training?

22 hours ago, Thomas Singh said:

I want to hear with you all what color grading tutorials / color training online you have found most valuable. My impression is that most of the totorials available online is made by a little group of color enthusiasts that all know each other, teach the same things, arrange color meetings and contests but have limited imdb credits. I hope to find something from the guys that are represented on this site and other highly acknowledge colorists. What is your favorite online training?

What are you looking for exactly? I think all online training tends to overlap a bit at some point which is to be expected. 

Exactly? A tutorial series made by Adam Scott, Tom Poole and Trish Cahill. LOL!

I guess you might find it silly but I would like to know if there are other tutorial series out there than those provided by Mixing Light, Ripple and Warren Eagles. 

22 hours ago, Peter said:

https://www.fxphd.com has some high end tutorials

Thank you, will check out Mike's!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Thomas Singh said:

Exactly? A tutorial series made by Adam Scott, Tom Poole and Trish Cahill. LOL!

I don't think it's silly. For those of us who don't have the opportunity to assist with a senior colorist of that caliber, I think that would be awesome as well.

Master Class is already covering, composing, directing, writing, etc. Maybe we will get lucky and get something of this caliber for grading. That said, I am finding the Case Studies on this forum to be very enlightening so far.

Edited by Aaron Rosapepe
spelling
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Aaron Rosapepe said:

That said, I am finding the Case Studies on this forum to be very enlightening so far.

I agree, extremely insightful resource. I'm also a huge fan of Trish Cahill, she's so talented and the techniques explained in her article alone improved the way I work more than any other master series I have seen online!

High expections to the blog as well! 

• Like 2