Thomas Singh

Online client screening in DaVinci Resolve

What software do you use for screening of your final film with clients? I have never trusted any other setups than what is provided by Autodesk and Avid, but it would make my life easier if I could import graphics and audio mixes into DaVinci Resolve and trust a realtime performance. Do any of you use it for that purpose?

There should be no reason that you can't show your final product in Resolve.  If you are worried about playback on your system, you could always render out a pro res of the final thing, bring that back into Resolve and then screen off of that.  You can also render cache your sequence if you are worried about playback.

• Like 2

Good point, I just don't feel that confident in using anything else than Avid for client playback yet as it is rock solid and reading the DNxHD files native from its own generated folder structure. But great to se people are starting to use Resolve for client screenings. 

Not being Avid or BMD and without their testing or working enviroment I would personally rather view or show Clients rendered material in something like Drastic Preview Pro. That is the file - material they would receive and see. Of course accurate calibrated monitors a must.