Nicolas Hanson

Print emulation LUT withour color

I would like a print emulation LUT with all the film characteristics without the color consequences, is that possible? The reason is that I want a clean balanced base correction but have the rich contrast from the LUT.

Edited by Nicolas Hanson

Grab a still of shot a with the LUT you're looking to emulate with the saturation set at 0, then desaturate the log image and just play around with curves until you can match to it. If you don't want the colour transform then it should be a pretty simple match. 

Edited by Sam Gilling
Missed a word.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Download 3D LUT Creator Demo. Extract 3D curves from LUT. Then Press "M to RGB" button. Then turn off RGB curves, but leave master curve turned on. Now, I GUESS, even in demo mode you can export curves in .acv format. As far as i know, it can be imported into photoshop curves. Then use HALD to grab photoshop curves and create a LUT.

Or just apply  print film  emulation LUT to a linear grayscale gradient picture. Then desaturate. Then grab a still. Then reset all correction. Then use horizontal wipe comparison and waveform monitor to see both gradients simultaneously and manually create a similar tonal curve.

• Thanks 1