Jalil Bourne

New HDR grading monitor from EIZO 31.1" DCI 4K Reference Monitor

image.thumb.png.dbc5a3647d3f80c44938cf46281504d7.png

Image result for CG3145 PROMINENCEImage result for CG3145 PROMINENCEDCI 4K

The monitor achieves the 1000 cd/m2 (typical) high brightness level needed for HDR content display. It is also the world’s first LCD monitor to achieve a typical contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1 for displaying true blacks. The name “PROMINENCE” refers to the phenomenon known as a solar prominence – a flame-like eruption which extends from the Sun’s surface. This image of the bright sun shining against the deep black of space lends to the monitor’s ability to accurately display both bright and dark content.

With "Local Dimming", the brightness of the backlight of LCD panels is selectively reduced in order to realize higher contrasts and lower black levels. Disadvantages of local dimming are atria that arise in dark areas of the image when they are adjacent to bright areas. The reason: The dimmable segments are comparatively large, which means that they can only be dimmed very large.

image.png.241d45b52910f52581503729d2d04023.pngimage.png.62a2e32e8e683c4b813a99e330a7c573.png

Automatic Brightness Limiter ABL (Automatic Brightness Limiter) is a technique intended to protect OLED panels from excessive wear and damage. For this purpose, the brightness is limited to bright image areas beyond a certain luminance or area. This leads to an imprecise image representation. In addition, the white point of affected devices often changes.

image.png.1a22fbdb31710af325314d88f87ddef9.pngimage.png.435a8ea7c54c1c6fa5148e4388c4ec5d.png

ColorEdge PROMINENCE CG3145 supports various video formats including HDMI input compatible with 10-bit 4:2:2 at 50/60p. The DisplayPort input supports up to 10-bit 4:4:4 at 50/60p.

Cabinet Color Black
Panel  
Type IPS
Backlight Wide-Gamut LED
Size 31.1" / 78.9 cm
Native Resolution 4096 x 2160 (17:9 aspect ratio)
Viewable Image Size (H x V) 698.0 x 368.1 mm
Pixel Pitch 0.170 x 0.170 mm
Pixel Density 149ppi
Grayscale Tones DisplayPort, HDMI: 1,024 tones (a palette of 65 thousand tones)
Display Colors DisplayPort, HDMI: 1.07 billion
Viewing Angles (H / V, typical) 178°, 178°
Brightness (typical) 1000 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio (typical) 1,000,000:1
Response Time (typical) 10 ms (Gray-to-gray)
Wide Gamut Coverage (typical) DCI-P3: 99%
Video Signals  
Input Terminals DisplayPort x 2 (with HDCP Ver.1.x 6), HDMI x 2 (HDCP, Deep Color)
Digital Scanning Frequency (H / V) DisplayPort: 25 - 137 kHz, 23 - 61 Hz 
HDMI: 15 - 136 kHz, 23 - 61 Hz
USB  
Function 1 port for monitor control
3-port USB hub
Standard USB 3.0
Power  
Power Requirements AC 100 - 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz
Maximum Power Consumption 472 W
Typical Power Consumption 267 W
Power Save Mode Less than 1.2 W
Standby Mode Less than 0.7 W
Built-in Calibration Sensor No
Features & Functions  
Brightness Stabilization Yes
Digital Uniformity Equalizer Yes
Preset Modes Color Mode (REC2020, REC709, DCI, PQ_REC2100, 
PQ_REC709, PQ_DCI, HLG_REC2100, Calibration)
OSD Languages English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese
Others Input Color Format, Input Range, HDMI settings (Noise Reduction, Film Detection), Signal Information, Color Adjustment (Brightness, Temperature, Gamma, PQ Clipping, HLG System Gamma, Color Gamut, Hue, Saturation, Gamut Clipping, XYZ Format, Gain, Black Level, Independent 6-Color Control, Reset), Picture Expansion(Full Screen, Aspect Ratio, Dot by Dot), Zoom, REC709 Gamut Warning, Luminance Warning, Co-View, Marker (Safe Area Marker, Safe Area Size, Aspect Marker, Aspect Settings, Border Color), Auto Input Detection, Menu Rotation, USB CHARGE Port, Power Save, Off Timer, Indicator, Input Skip, Mode Skip, Custom Key, Monitor Reset
Physical Specifications  
Dimensions (Landscape, W x H x D) 757 x 487 - 603 x 323 mm
Dimensions (Landscape with Hood, W x H x D) 778 x 497 - 613 x 453.8 mm
Net Weight 29.2 kg / 64.4 lbs
Net Weight (With Hood) 30.1 kg / 66.4 lbs
Height Adjustment Range 116 mm
Swivel 344°
Environmental Requirements  
Operating Temperature 0 - 30 °C
Operating Humidity (R.H., non condensing) 20 - 80 %
Certifications & Standards (Please contact EIZO for the latest information.) CB, CE, TUV/GS, cTUVus, FCC-B, CAN ICES-3 (B), VCCI-B, TUV/Ergonomie, RCM, EAC, RoHS, WEEE, China RoHS, CCC, BSMI
Dedicated Software  
Monitor Management Software ColorNavigator NX Supported
Supplied Accessories (May vary by country. Please contact EIZO for details.) AC power cord, signal cables (DisplayPort - DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort - DisplayPort, HDMI - HDMI), USB cable, user's manual - setup guide, adjustment certificate, ScreenCleaner, monitor hood, warranty card

Capturerezr.thumb.PNG.b05e8e6698ecd7909be7bc02e8d42fd3.PNG

The Price : 24,000 EURO 

Available from February 2018   

image.png

image.png

Edited by Jalil Bourne

Is It really that expensive?

I mean i thought that was the reason but at the same time i didnt think It could make such a difference. 

Plus, i can understand between a cg series and a reference grade1 display, but here there are almost 10k if bit more) difference with the Sony monitor. 

Anyway, i like eizo product but on that price range im not sure i would go for an eizo, i think i would try to Save a lot more and go for a Sony or fsi display. I can't afford neither of three anyway :)

1 hour ago, Mike Leisegang said:

The information is not new as such but a big thanks for having it all here for us too see! Maybe latest in the range.

for me it's not new  i post it because i had the price just yesterday from Eizo Directly 

i was waiting since November only for the real  price 

I test the Eizo Prominence monitor on baselight with HDR and it was very good quality , but the price are so close to sony BVM-X300 that hard to jump on it. The render feeling was more smooth than OLED sony BVM-X300.