6 hours ago, Amada Daro said:

Any properties that can be modified in a LUT to make an image appear more gritty?

Any changes to an image that is not a point to point transform, such as a 3DLut must be done with a spacial 2D filter to add speckle or any other image degradation effects.

These can usually be done with a matrix kernel. Look up (web search) image transform matrices etc. to get an idea. If a more random effect is desired, by some code you might take each pixel and randomly change the RGB values by some amount, or another approach is to take the pixel and then some of the surrounding pixels along with some random function to change the pixel.

Cheers Mitch

• Thanks 1

Thank you Mitch! Anyone knows how to apply a 3x3 image transform matrix or a function by node in Davinci? I have never bothered to apply a matrix only because I have always wanted the 'film' curve (that is not transformed in a matrix) and not primary and white point corrections.

6 minutes ago, Amada Daro said:

Thank you Mitch! Anyone knows how to apply a 3x3 image transform matrix or a function by node in Davinci? I have never bothered to apply a matrix only because I have always wanted the 'film' curve (that is not transformed in a matrix) and not primary and white point corrections.

You can write a matrix/function as DCTL and save that in the LUTs folder, and apply to a node. There's an example of a matrix dctl code in the Resolve manual on page 1248.

Also Paul Dore has written a matrix ofx that can be found here

Edited by Jussi Rovanperä
  • Thanks 1