Jamie Neale

Creating DPP AS-11 for HD Commercial

Hi

Looking into delivering a few online commercials I graded for TV and wondered if anyone could help with the AS-11 workflow?

How do you create the right files and how do I need to add a clock/bars to the render?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Typically a broadcaster has a spec which defines things like setup, clock, audio layout and end hold as well as requred metadata.

For example, BBC specifies 20 seconds of lineup / tone, 7 seconds of clock and 3 seconds of black before Programme, with timecode starting and 09:59:30:00 and programme at 10:00:00:00.

In your NLE export settings, there is typically an AS-11 preset where you can add metadata, things like title, audion track layout, language etc. Not all NLE's have this. AVID and Adobe Premiere are fairly simple. FCP X is a slightly different workflow. Davinci Resolve needs a plugin.

It's also worth checking the file with some sort of AQC (Automated Quality Control). QScan is now quite affordable and has templates to test AS-11.

If you can give more specific information, can try and help a bit more.

Mikey

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mike Myshko said:

Hi Jamie,

Typically a broadcaster has a spec which defines things like setup, clock, audio layout and end hold as well as requred metadata.

For example, BBC specifies 20 seconds of lineup / tone, 7 seconds of clock and 3 seconds of black before Programme, with timecode starting and 09:59:30:00 and programme at 10:00:00:00.

In your NLE export settings, there is typically an AS-11 preset where you can add metadata, things like title, audion track layout, language etc. Not all NLE's have this. AVID and Adobe Premiere are fairly simple. FCP X is a slightly different workflow. Davinci Resolve needs a plugin.

It's also worth checking the file with some sort of AQC (Automated Quality Control). QScan is now quite affordable and has templates to test AS-11.

If you can give more specific information, can try and help a bit more.

Mikey

Thanks Mikey, really appreciate the help it's exactly what I was after.

I did come across the davinci plug in so thats good to hear you're suggesting that too. I'll check out Qscan as well.

We do mostly social/online but clients are starting to want TVC versioning so this is a massive help, thanks.

Jamie