Hey everyone, so I am a beginner in the world of color grading and there is something that's just very confusing to me. So on the Nvidia control panel of my computer I can find an option to switch between full and limited RGB, it was limited by default but I switched it to full when I read some reddit threads saying one should always set that option to full (not color grading related). But now in my color grading process I wonder if I should keep leaving it on full? Is there any time in which I have to use limited? what about the Resolve export functions in which I can also set it to full or limited?

P.S: I dont own any calibration device, also I just have a humble HP monitor but I want to get as close as possible to a faithful image with what I have.

Nvidia settings has nothing to do with resolve deliver settings. Just leave it auto in deliver page. It will set it correctly most of the time depending on the format you choose.
And for nvidia settings - make sure, levels are set identically in your monitor and in your nvidia settings. either full-full or limited-limited. Usually, for PC consumer monitors, correct setting in nvidia settings is full. Because usually these monitors are also full levels and it can't be changed.

• Like 1
On 2/13/2021 at 11:11 PM, Anton Meleshkevich said:

Nvidia settings has nothing to do with resolve deliver settings. Just leave it auto in deliver page. It will set it correctly most of the time depending on the format you choose.
And for nvidia settings - make sure, levels are set identically in your monitor and in your nvidia settings. either full-full or limited-limited. Usually, for PC consumer monitors, correct setting in nvidia settings is full. Because usually these monitors are also full levels and it can't be changed.

Hey thanks for your response! Well I found that my monitor does have an option to set between full and limited range, but nothing happens when I change between either. So anyways I left it at full on the monitor and full on nvidia settings too.