“real editing software” noob. i recently got passed my changing file names mistake....

i have an issue where i think when i drag new clips to my time line and/or a sound track i notice i lose some stuff. am i doing something wrong amongst my multiple layers? to be specific, I Alt+A to move my starting point back to build an intro. Then i begin adding tons of new clips and sounds to the layers at the start of the timeline. i noticed a few times the intro was bleeding into the start of the footage (which means at some point it was there) finally done with the intro, i play it from the start to see it live and then i notice the first bit of footage is missing the original first bit. (this also happened in another later spot of the timeline)

i have to possibly RE edit a good amount of stuff. how can recover and/or AVOID doing what i’m doing incorrectly? :( sorry for the read friends just need to be specific to avoid confusion.