The first teaser of Housewife got released. Probably my favourite work on a feature this year. It was shot on Alexa with ARRI / Zeiss Master Anamorphics and lots of haze on the set. A handful of shots were done with a Blackmagic Cinema Camera. Graded on Baselight. 

The director Can Evrenol asked me for a vintage look for that film. So I diffused the highlights, selected a soft scaling algorithm and created a custom Show-LUT based on several film print emulations. Additonally to counter the flatness caused by the haze, we added lots of grain and some dirt to the picture, especially in the highlights. 

Director: Can Evrenol  /  DP: Tayman Tekin  /  Gaffer: Mehmet Cemal Toz  /  Starring: Clémentine Poidatz, David Sakurai

https://vimeo.com/230499166

BTW: Better watched in fullscreen instead of with the white background of the forum. 

• Like 3

This looks absolutely amazing, great work! Interesting to see how well the cold and warm scenes play together and I get drawn into the image because of the depth and color separation. I understand that it might be your "secret weapon" but would you mind sharing the Show-LUT with us? Would be forever greatful! That said, I totally understand if you don't want to share it! 

On 22/08/2017 at 12:22 AM, Thomas Singh said:

I understand that it might be your "secret weapon" but would you mind sharing the Show-LUT with us? Would be forever greatful! 

Better late than never. Here is a version of the used show-lut. The original one goes to P3 D60, but for most of You Rec.1886 (709) is probably more suitable. It expects Arri LogC WideGamut as an Input.

HW_ShowLUT_LogC_2_Rec1886_16.cub

• Thanks 1
On 12/4/2017 at 6:19 PM, Andy Minuth said:

Better late than never. Here is a version of the used show-lut. The original one goes to P3 D60, but for most of You Rec.1886 (709) is probably more suitable. It expects Arri LogC WideGamut as an Input.

HW_ShowLUT_LogC_2_Rec1886_16.cub

I wanted to check out this LUT, i know it's for baselight and I assume that .cub is the baselight 3d lut extension.

I have tried with lattice to see if was possibile to open it and export it to a .cube file but I had no luck.

Does anyone know if and how it's possible to convert it to use it in davinci?

cheers,

Orash

1 hour ago, Orash Rahnema said:

I wanted to check out this LUT, i know it's for baselight and I assume that .cub is the baselight 3d lut extension.

I have tried with lattice to see if was possibile to open it and export it to a .cube file but I had no luck.

Does anyone know if and how it's possible to convert it to use it in davinci?

cheers,

Orash

I think this will work:

HW_ShowLUT_LogC_2_Rec1886_16.cube.zip