Orash Rahnema

Website showcase and career question

Hi all,

I wanted to ask a question and I thought the best way was first to show my work.
So here's my website, I have updated it pushing on top what I like the most (I might be wrong and choose them based on feeling or difficulties, and something else is better to be shown first) anyhow:

https://www.orash.it/

Now, I'm currently a freelance colourist based in Milan, Italy.
I'm getting to the point where I need "bigger challenge" and learn more.
Being a freelance in a small market makes it hard to find mentors and learn deeper technical and creative stuff.

Having said so I'm thinking more and more to apply to big colour houses (in London as everywhere else I will have a visa problem).

My question is, based on my work, do you think I am ready?
How you think is the market right now, is it a smart move to go to some of the big house and become an assistant colourist? 
I would be happy to assist and learn for how long is needed, at the same time I'm starting to be a little old (37) and I wonder is it's a wise thing to do.

Also, for the people in this forum that are already working in places like that, is it really that difficult as everyone says to get a foot in the door?

cheers,

Orash

I don't want to judge if you are ready to apply for job in a high-end post production house, but it's easy to read your taste and level of experience based on what you have put on your site. Joining one of the big houses is always a good idea for gaining more experience and learning from the best.

• Like 1