Tom Evans

Eizo CG318-4K

I have  a CG318 from Eizo that I took home the other day, but I don't have access to our regular calibration guy this time. As I don't have a clue about how to calibrate, I tried the internal Eizo auto-calibration, set the gamma to 2.4, brightness to 100 and viewing space to rec709. I have a trained eye after working with color for more than twenty eyes and can see that it looks wrong. I know the internal calibration only is supposed to take you 95% there but it looks totally off. For some reason it looks more correct when I switch from rec709 to DCI. Can someone please enlight me why this is happening?

I have a CG2420 & had a similar problem with the internal calibration. I came across a video on Portrait Display's YouTube page www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdNwboFr6uE&list=WL&index=8&t=473s

After trying this method everything looks right & the pluge on my colour bars is correct. Although you will need CalMan Studio to do this. Not sure it LightSpace can do a similar job.