Clément Bouchet

(Windows) Display DCI P3 on HP DreamColor Z27x Studio Display (Davinci Resolve)

Hi everyone,

I am trying to display DCI P3 properly on my HP DreamColor Z27x Studio Display. But everything is going purple when I select the colorspace on the screen menu. I can see my windows behind it but I have this Color on the top. (Windows 10)

I'm using DaVinci resolve set to DCIP3 and the HP DreamColor Z27x Studio Display.  (Colorspace set to DCIP3, 1440p)

I have a Nvidia GTX 1080 connected via display port to the screen. ( GA-Z170X-Gaming G1 motherboard compatible with Thunderbolt)

Do I need to set something on the graphic card or the screen? Or do I need to buy external hardware like a DeckLink? ( But I need to find one DCIP3 compatible)

Thank you very much guys!

(The rushes I'm using are from an Arri Alexa in Applepro res 4444 in Log C)

• Like 1

I'm not absolutely sure on this, but as far as I'm aware, whatever you've set Resolve or your monitor to display, the Windows OS and graphics drivers are working in sRGB colour space. You really need to feed your monitor from a Blackmagic playback card such as the Decklink range.

I'm tempted to ask why you're wanting to view in DCI P3. If it's to grade for cinema projection you should be aware of the possible pitfalls in relying on your Dreamcolor monitor. There's been discussions on this topic in the past, so I'll just direct you to one of these...

http://www.liftgammagain.com/forum/index.php?threads/dci-p3-workflow-video-card-req.5144/

• Like 2

Thanks for all your answers guys! I really appreciate ^^

Windows recognize my screen and the color spaces and I can switch to REC709 if I need. You can select the color space on the screen and in the settings of Windows. (The HP is linked by USB so windows can see when I switch between color spaces. And windows has the color profiles in the setting controls).

I think I'm going to buy a Decklink first. And a Eizo later.

Thanks!

• Like 1