17 hours ago, Abby Bader said:

Andy, can you extract the information you see and use it for something?

Abby, its more for debugging. I use zview rarely to check out a LUT. You can see if it was made with a formula or with measured data, for example. And if there are 'weird things' happening, you might find the reason while examining the cube. But for daily grading work I see no benefits, more if You are building LUTs yourself. 

• Like 3
On 7/23/2017 at 0:55 AM, Orash Rahnema said:

You can also use lattice

Orbitate around the cube and with a slider you can check whats effected

Screen_Shot_2017-07-23_at_00_53_30.png

Lattice looks interesting, too bad it's only for Mac. Can this software do anything that 3D Lut Creator can't?

On 7/23/2017 at 1:38 PM, Andy Minuth said:

Abby, its more for debugging. I use zview rarely to check out a LUT. You can see if it was made with a formula or with measured data, for example. And if there are 'weird things' happening, you might find the reason while examining the cube. But for daily grading work I see no benefits, more if You are building LUTs yourself. 

Thanks Andy!

On 7/26/2017 at 11:17 PM, Abby Bader said:

Lattice looks interesting, too bad it's only for Mac. Can this software do anything that 3D Lut Creator can't?

Hi Abby,

unfortunately I've never tried 3dlut creator so I can't really answer that.

What I know is that 3dlut creator can actually be used to build luts, Lattice not really.

With lattice you can take luts, analyse them by viewing curves or cubes, you can separate the contrast curve and the chroma, and you can combine different luts into one.

But most of all, and that is what i used it more, you can export luts in different formats. 

I for example create a lut in davinci, export it as a .cube and convert it into .aml to load it in the alexa mini.

• Like 2