Adéyẹmi

Is B&H bhphotovideo a trust worthy website?

Hi guys, does any one have experience purchasing from B&H. I ordered 2 items 11 days ago...at first they said they were going on an holiday but did not announce it until after billing me for my two items. They claimed they would be back on the twelve of Oct, 9am, which was yesterday. Even after paying for my item and checking out since the 2nd, my card has been billed an extra three times, $17, $1 and another $1. Is this a scam site? The status of my order still says processing, even though on the 2nd they claimed I would receive it in 4 to 7 working days.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cameras/bh_photo.html?#sort=top_reviews&filter=none

Just my own experience here, so take with a grain of salt...

B&H is one of the more reputable companies I know of here in the USA. I've purchased many things from them - cine cameras, lenses, you name it. I have never had a problem and they always ship super fast. That being said, my understanding is that both B&H, as well as Adorama are NYC based businesses that seem to operate around Orthodox Jewish holidays. It's usually not a problem, but these holidays are sometimes long and they don't process orders (even if you place a web order) during the Jewish holiday. Usually when this happens they have a giant banner on the top of the webpage stating that they will not be processing orders, along with a date when operations resume. When I need something during those dates, I usually look at other online retailers like filmtools.com. 

• Like 1

I realize I'm a bit late but I want to throw in my 2 Cents.

I have been purchasing from B&H since they first started selling online and have purchased thousands of dollars worth of equipment from them.  I have never had an issues with them.

In fact I will purchase from them before I purchase from amazon and highly recommend them to anyone.

Jim