Amada Daro

Render timeline DaVinci Resolve

Hi! Is or possible to render the timeline in DaVinci Resolve without rendering to file? Would be useful for client sessions to avoid hickups after doing changes. 

Do you mean caching? Using the smart mode of caching you should have smooth playback in most cases. You could, to be sure to have no hiccups, set “render cache color output” on all clips. As long as you have a cache disk fast enough to play the cache format you have set in preferences you should have a stable playback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1

you can cache node also (right click on node in color page and turn on node cache)and colour output also. right click that clip and find render cache colour output for that clip, if that clip still doesn't play then its a limitation for your system to handle all what you have done(OFX, Grade and other stuff)...

On 10/5/2020 at 11:29 AM, Amada Daro said:

Thanks for your input! When smart cache is enabled, it turns the red lines into blue but some parts of the timeline doesn't have a line at all an doesn't playback in realtime. What is the reason for this?

One reason could be because some of the nodes from Colour Page are not caching due to OFX plugins that have been applied to those nodes.

Other reason I have had issues with OFX plug-ins applied directly to the clip on Timeline don't cache at all especially the Sapphire OFX and for this I usually trick the Timeline by adding a Solid Color from Generators which will then force Resolve to cache those clips.

One more thing I would do is to select all clip on the Timeline then right click and enable Render Cache Color Output, obviously this will cache the entire Timeline.