Amada Daro

Davinci Resolve Fusion corner position and clip resolution

I'm wrapping my head around the corner positioned in Resolve Fusion, but it seems like my issue with making it work is related to different resolutions. My footage is 2K, 4K and the inserts are HD 1920x1080. Do I need to down scale the footage to make the corner positions match?

3 hours ago, Amada Daro said:

I'm wrapping my head around the corner positioned in Resolve Fusion, but it seems like my issue with making it work is related to different resolutions. My footage is 2K, 4K and the inserts are HD 1920x1080. Do I need to down scale the footage to make the corner positions match?

Mismatching domains cause problems when applying the Corner Positioner. One trick is to scale the inserts to the project resolution before connecting them to the Corner Positioner. 

4 hours ago, Amada Daro said:

Thanks for getting back to me Lee, I'm a big fan of your work. Do you mean I should add a translate node and down scale to 1920x1080? Didn't know I could input the exact values. 

Thank you. You can add a Resize node and choose the exact 1920x1080 resolution.

1 hour ago, Amada Daro said:

That made it, thank you! Another thing, but any effect that can be added to blur the edges of a matte only?

You can force a Blur node to only operate on the alpha channel (turn off the RGB buttons). Add a Color Curves after the Blur, and adjust the Alpha curve and it will erode/dilate the matte edge.