Beh Jing Qiang

How to convert Linear to RedWideGamut?

Hi everyone

I have a question regarding to how to convert a linear space file correctly to my camera's footage, in my case its RedWideGamut, Log3g10.

Here's my scenario: We shot a project on the Red Gemini, and we have to do some greenscreen key. Our VFX artist uses the standalone Fusion, and I exported EXR image sequences for him.

As usual, I leave my project Color Management as default, but my CameraRaw is set to the IPP2 Color Science, RedWideGamut as my color space & Log3G10 for my Gamma Curve. Go ahead and export all these shots to EXR float.

I just checked the VFXIO 3D LUT folder and realise there is no Linear to RedWideGamut,Log3G10 option.

I tried using the Color Space Transform OFX, using these settings: Input Color Space, Use Timeline ; Input Gamma, Linear.  Output Color Space, RedWideGamut; Output Gamma, Log3G10. The footage came out even flatter than the original footage.

Is there any other way to convert the Linear footage into a RedWideGamut, Log3G10 correctly?
Thanks!

Try Color space transform with these settings:

input gamma: linear

input color space: timeline

output gamma: try redlogfilm or logc (those would be the most common log formats, redlogfilm is same as cineon ), or just ask what log to lin the VFX have used, and use that.

output color space:  timeline

(edited)
11 hours ago, Jussi Rovanperä said:

Try Color space transform with these settings:

input gamma: linear

input color space: timeline

output gamma: try redlogfilm or logc (those would be the most common log formats, redlogfilm is same as cineon ), or just ask what log to lin the VFX have used, and use that.

output color space:  timeline

Thank you Jussi

We will try that once we receive the final render files from the VFX team. Appreciate it!

Edited by Beh Jing Qiang