It got me pretty excited already when they announced the Micro. Jokes aside, I think it's excellent they have built the Mini panel with a good number of controllers built-in. I think much will be said once I get my hands on trying one out. Having worked some at the advanced panel, it's obviously another league altogether - but I can see muscle memory building up from the Mini in a positive way - and the more you can do tactile work (meaning less keyboard and mouse) the better. Personal preference, sure, but I look forward to take the Mini.. and the Micro for a spin. Having the Tangent's it got me thinking, but as they are extremely good to work with across other softwares too - I don't see the introduction of the new panels as direct competition - just better tools to choose from. Tangent Ripple wasn't that awesome even if it further democratises and make tools accessible for everybody - but in perspective with the BM Mini, it's getting interesting for sure!

• Like 2

We received our first of two Mini panels the week after the BMD press conference.

I have had a lot of hands-on with it the past weeks. Can't say I miss the Element now, even though I did like the larger style buttons on the Element. The buttons on the Mini are harder to "find" and slightly cheap. The Mini is no replacement for the Advanced Panel, which we also have, but I must admit the Mini is amazing value. Just getting vs-curves pots alone are worth buying it. All in all pleased with so far.

BMD must update the Advanced Panel soon, and drop the price.

• Like 2

It makes sense that the Mini is the centre module of a new adv panel.

I had always wished that the new adv panel would be highly customizable, where you could remap buttons as you liked. But that will most probably not happen any day soon. But BMD like surprising people B.)

On 5/9/2017 at 10:26 PM, Nicolas Hanson said:

This is probably a Tangent killer, but the only reason I'm sad about that is because @Mazze will sell less of his amazing boards. 

Well, for sure it cuts a bit into potential sales on both, Tangent's and my end. But like always, when one door closes another one opens up - not the end of the world ;-) .

But I do appreciate your thought :-) .

• Like 1
On 15.5.2017 at 7:47 AM, Marc Wielage said:

The only way the Mini Panel is usable to me is with macro keypads on the side. I'm currently using an XKeys24 on the right and a G13 Logitech on the left, and that's been working so far. 

Marc_004_CC_zps1gnxj2sg.jpg

I have a longer review of the pros and cons for free over on MixingLight.com:

https://mixinglight.com/color-tutorial/color-correction-gear-head-thoughts-on-the-resolve-mini-control-panel/

Is this Steve Jobs in front of a Mini Panel? So that's what he's fiddling with up there.

• Like 1
On 5/18/2017 at 7:20 AM, Thomas Singh said:

Is this Steve Jobs in front of a Mini Panel? So that's what he's fiddling with up there.

Naw, Steve had a much larger charisma. I am very close to Steve Jobs' age, though, and I tend to wear only black T-shirts and blue jeans (no reflections in the monitor or bounce to DI screens).

• Like 3