Thomas Singh

Slow down clips inside of bins in Avid

The DOP shot clips in 50fps (slow) but the edit will be done in 25fps with most of the clips in 25fps. 

1. How can I change the rate to 25fps pr clip (not on timeline)? Because I want to edit directly from bin and have it all in 25fps.

2. How do we match audio on set in this case? Recorded on an external device.

When you bring material into Avid which has a different frame rate to the project, it will automatically get a temporal adapter added to it, so that it plays at the correct speed for your project. 

In your case, this will be exactly a 2X speed change, You can see this if you bring up the motion effect parameter for these clips.

You can inspect the temporal adapter settings for your 50fps clips in Source Settings.

You should be able to sync your sound as normal.

As long as the transcoded files (I assume as MXF OP Atom) are at 50fps, you'll get the option to run them at 25fps (as I mentioned previously) or at 50fps (ie as Slomo). You simply change the Playback Rates setting in Source Settings.

If you're running them as slomos, I assume you're not going to need to sync sound?