Hey folks,

This is my first reel. Please, feel free to comment and critique.

I don't have a large number of projects under my belt, there are 6 featured here and 2-3 others that are somewhat reel worthy - but for the most part this is the best of the best.

Thanks! It's an excellent community here, I'm always eager to read more. :-)

• Like 4

Welcome Kristopher, the scenes look nice. Two comments: 

• Coming back to the same shots, was a bit too repetitive for me. I think there is some potential too tighten it up.
  • I suggest to put your name at the end. Usually people have to see something interesting, before they pay real attention. So if someone likes something in the reel, his attention will go up, and hopefully he remembers your name at the end. 
  • Like 4

Welcome to the Board Kristopher!

Theres some really nice work in your reel, Andy offers some good advice, personally for me whilst i like the track its a bit slow, so there fore your cut feels a bit too long. Unless you have have a wealth of projects and differing looks i'd try and keep the video down to maybe a minute. This will save you having to return to the same shots. Its always easier to remove shots than add more im my opinion :)

Maybe adding a few before and afters might be interesting or even taking some shots that you've graded and regrade them in differing styles or time of day could help you show the scope of your skills even though you have a limited number of projects to work from?

• Like 2

Thanks Andy & Mark!

Very constructive comments.

I definitely understand that the reel is too repetitive. That's what I had felt when I cut it. As I said I don't have a lot of material to work with at the moment. So, I am considering replacing some of the current clips with others from different projects, or just cutting some of the reel out to make it shorter.

Much appreciated!