Manahil Amir

davinci resolve media down

Hi 

please help me with this problem i worked on a project for 2 days filming and editing and when i finally finnished editing part 1 i deleted the original files from my laptop to have more space for my part 2 but now when i go back to all of my work it say media offline... i also deleted the videos from my camera...i dont what to do is there any way to fix the media offline without the files i even spent hours trying to recover my files but no luck please help....

If I understand you correctly, the footage is deleted both from your hard drive and the camera cards? Then recovery software is your solution. There are some risks involved with self-recovery so if the footage is important you should might consider contacting professionals.

i permanently deleted them from my camera and my laptop so i can film the next part and transfer the next part . it was taking up space  ... i dont have copies anywhere.. i have been trying to recover from the recycling bin tried so many things after downloading its not even showing my deleted files...

I'm afraid you've learnt the hard way that you should never delete your original camera files.  

Storage is so cheap nowadays that you could have easily backed up your rushes to a portable/external hard drive before you freed up the space on your camera and laptop. Most professional outfits make multiple backup copies in case a particular backup should fail. You never know when these backups will be needed - possibly corrupted media or a re-edit some months (or even years) later.

I'm not sure why you deleted all copies of your camera rushes if you still needed them - maybe you thought you wouldn't need them again after you'd finished editing and outputted your the final edit to a movie file.

The recovery software that Emily mentioned relies on the fact that when files are 'permanently' deleted, all that's really deleted is the index to those files on the hard disk or camera card. It's possible to recover these files with the right software, but the problem is that by removing the index to your files means that the space used by these files is then available to be re-written by any other program.  It's possible that some portions of the old files remain, but the longer you use the computer, the more likely the chance these files will be overwritten. If you haven't used your camera (cards?) since you deleted the rushes, there's much more chance that you can completely recover your files.

• Sad 1